Monday 5 November 2018

Release 0.3 Week 1

Hacktoberfest has finished, so it's time to start looking for new projects, bugs, issues. We need to contribute to both "external" and "internal" projects. I haven't found any interesting "external" project yet, but I joined teams working on Seneca Blackboard and Student Centre Extensions for Google Chrome and Unity side-scrolling video game in C#.

Why did I choose these 2? It's pretty obvious that I decided to work on Seneca Services Extensions because Seneca Blackboard and Student Centre annoy most students (and probably professors). It's my chance to do a good deed and help a lot of students. We just created a repo for this project and have to start from the very beginning. This week I'm going to do a research to be able to start contributing to a project, as I need to understand how extensions work. Then I am going to create an initial extension (that just adds/removes and element).

Situation with Unity game is different. I just want to try working with Unity engine. This game already exists, but it's buggy. You can try it. It looks like one of the old 2D games on push-button phones. You can move left or right, jump, open doors to get to the next location, and solve puzzles (there is a lot of them). Again, I need to do a research, as I have never used Unity. Then I might create some new types of puzzles.


No comments:

Post a Comment